How much do you know about your advertising agency and what makes them tick?
There are books about some of the best and biggest ad agencies in the world, and we try to read them and learn from them. Some of our favorites are out of print- and hard to come by:
- Chiat/Day the first twenty years or Inventing Desire: Inside Chiat/Day: The hottest shop, the coolest players, the big business of advertising.
- Living By Design- Pentagram
- Art of Advertising George Lois on Mass Communications
- The Book Of Gossage
- The Work- 25 years of Fallon
- Hoopla– the Crispin Porter + Bogusky tome with the sandpaper cover, easter egg surprises in the cover and often unreadable text.
There are plenty more, but, these stood out. We’ve been in business now since 1988, and no one’s clamoring to buy a book about us – they read what they need on this site, and now, they can listen to “The A-List Podcast” where Tom Christmann of AdHouse NYC interviews our founder on his origin story and advice on getting into advertising- and how to pick the right agency.
We’ve got lots of advice on this site on careers in advertising including tips on how to get a job in it, how clients should select an agency, which are two of the things we discuss on the pod. But, the idea of working with people you like, with products and services you believe in goes a long way to solving the toughest marketing problems.
It’s a 53 minute listen that will give you more insight on The Next Wave and what makes us tick. But, maybe, it’s your first time listening to The A List, where there’s lots of good discussions about what makes good advertising- and how we get from idea to finished project.
Take a listen and let us know what you think.
And, because the link ended up on the cutting room floor- and not in the show notes- after you get done listening- you may want to look at this page: https://thenextwave.biz/alist/